How do laundromats work? – Steps to follow in using professional laundromat machines
Alliance laundromats are equipped with the finest laundromat machines and laundry facilities in the world. Our machines are user-friendly, making it easy for anyone to wash or dry their laundry
A major part of the success of the laundromat concept since its creation has been the implementation of either full or partial self-service. In most cases the user should always be able to call in someone for help, but they come to a laundromat to do things personally. That’s why one of the keys to success is to rely on long-lasting and strong laundry equipment. Machines that will stand hours and hours of service without failure. Alliance laundromats are equipped with the finest washing machines and laundry facilities in the world. Our washing machines are user-friendly, making it easy for anyone to wash or dry their laundry. At first, it may seem a daunting task but with the use of signage and clear directions everyone will be able to follow the basic steps.
Steps to following using professional laundromat washing machines *
* Operation may differ from one laundromat to another
• Select the machine you require. The selection is normally based on the size of load. The price of wash cycles will depend on the load capacity and the type of program selected.
• Place your laundry inside the machine and close the door.
• Then select the temperature of the wash program according to the kind of materials to be washed. Very hot for white cotton, warm for synthetics, cold for delicate linen, etc.
• Add machine detergent (a place is provided for this purpose on the top of the machine). You can often buy detergent on site. Add fabric softener and bleach, if required.
• Then use the payment centre to start the washing or drying program: tap the option ‘wash’ and then the number corresponding to the machine.
• You can pay in cash (notes or coins), with a credit card, loyalty card or nowadays even with an app. Remember to take your change, if any! In some laundries, payment is by cash directly at the machine.
• Press the ‘start’ button on the machine: the washing machine turns on and indicates the time remaining (a wash cycle takes around 30 minutes).
Steps to follow in using a professional dryer *
* Just as for washing machines, the operation of the dryer may differ from one laundromat to another.
• Once you have finished washing your laundry, open the door and place it inside an available dryer.
• Select the desired temperature, directly on the dryer display: high, medium, low, minimum.
• Use the payment center to pay and start up the drying program; simply press the option ‘dry’ then the number corresponding to the selected dryer.
• Pay in cash or with your loyalty card.
• Press the ‘start’ button on the dryer
• The drying time will be indicated: it takes about 30 minutes.
And that’s it! Quick, simple and professional. We always recommend a laundromat should have value added options and these normally include laundry baskets, folding tables, hanging racks, seating, wi-fi and in some cases water / coffee machines.